Monday, March 12, 2012

On the road again

I recently started running again. I haven't really, truly been diligent about running in about 14 years! I am a bit scared that I am not going to be able to do this. I am starting out a bit slowly, 3 times a week. My goal for this month is to run 12 times. That doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it is a huge goal.

Part of the reason that I am doing this is because I am very much out of shape and uncomfortable with my body right now, but part of this is to prove to myself that I can do this. Over the past few years with my changing career paths and moving around and such I feel like I have lost my confidence in things. I hope to be able to use this as an opportunity to rebuild. I am hoping that in 8 weeks from now I am going to be confidently running a 5k.